Lemon Cake – Low Carb
Jun 18,2014 0 Comments
My Low-Carb Lemon Cake Recipe
This tangy lemon cake is made with freshly squeezed lemon zest, lemon juice, and full fat greek yogurt. I decided to incorporate two of those into the delicious glaze. considering the domestic’s love for lemons, this was a complete hit! i do know everyone was once spectacle of attempting a “wholesome” and “low carb” lemon cake, however after the first bite, they couldn’t stop! This loaf is bursting with juicy lemon-y flavor, and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. I promise you that after the first chunk, you’ll in finding out whether or not you may have any self discipline, or not in my case.
Make it at house
- Lemon Juicer – Aluminum Lemon Squeezer (love it!)
- Lemon Zester – OXO just right Grips Zester (very important!)
- Almond Flour – Bob’s purple Mill Almond Flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups sweetener
- 2 eggs
- three tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup full fats greek yogurt (Fage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons full fats greek yogurt (Fage)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease (eight” x 4″ x 2″) loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sweetener in a medium bowl using an electrical mixer until gentle and fluffy. one by one, add the eggs after which lemon zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then combine flour combination with lemon juice, yogurt, and vanilla. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or except cake tester comes out smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes then do away with from pan.
- For the topping, mix all elements except mixed neatly. Pour over the top of the cake and alow the glaze to crumple the sides naturally.
Protein 7.00g, Cals a hundred and fifty, Carbs 6.75g, Fiber 2.25g, Sugar Alcohol zero.00g — net CARBS: 4.50g
The put up Lemon Cake – Low Carb regarded first on The Low Carb food plan.